Saturday 30 July 2016

SS: Broken Strings - Chapter 9




The whole family gasped and Arnav sat rooted. Khushi stood up and shouted, "WHAT RUBBISH KIARA!"
"This is what your son saw Mrs. Raizada!" Kiara said sharply, "He saw his father coming closer and HE SAW MR. RAIZADA WITH THE GUN SHOOTING HANNA ON HER FOREHEAD."
Everyone sat rooted and Arnav said with voice chocking, "I swear Kiara...I didn't...I mean how can I...he has mistaken...I didn't kill anyone..."
Kiara sighed and said, "It's written in the notebook Mr. Raizada. Advay saw your face clearly in the dim orange light there. He was not that dizzy to not recognize his father! He saw you with the gun and he saw you shooting Hanna. You then signalled the men to carry away Hanna's body and then you walked away. Advay fell unconscious and he doesn't remember anything after that!"
"I DIDN'T KILL HANNA!" Arnav shouted.
Kiara closed the notebook and kept it back in her bag. She said, "Please sit down!" Everyone sat down and she said,
"Now let me tell you about Advay!" She said, "Advay saw his wife being raped in front of him. Her screams and cries haunt him. When sleeping, sitting idle, walking around, everywhere he is reminded of that night. He could hear her screams clearly. He is under shock! The next shock for him is his father killing his wife."
"I didn't do that!" Arnav said exasperated.
Kiara sighed and said, "According to his vision, you did! After Hanna's rape, this is the one that is creating the shock in him. His father with the gun! That image is terrorizing him! Hanna being raped, her cries, the dim orange lights, your three-piece suit and the gun - these are the things that are terrorizing Advay!"
She gave a pause and said, "Mr. Raizada, your son is having a sort of multiple personality disorder!"
Everyone looked at her shocked and she said, "In this notebook, on one entry he hates you and in the next he loves you. Sometimes he hates his father for killing his love and in the next he loves his father. This is a form of multiple personality. At an instant he is your son, but the next he is Hanna's husband and there is a lot of difference between being a son and being a husband. At an instant he is reminded of his childhood, teenage where his father was his guardian and companion. But the next, he is reminded of his Hanna's death where his father was the one who shot her. His mother idolizes his father, in fact the whole family does and this has created an impression that his whole family is against him and Hanna. Everyone loves Arnav and he is under the strong belief that all of you have planned and killed Hanna!"
She stopped and watched the family's expression.
Arnav sat shocked with Khushi hugging him and crying. Payal sobbed in Akash's arms who hand removed his spectacles wiping his tears. Anjali was crying bitterly and Angelina was hugging her NK chachu who himself was crying. Nani hand laid down her head on Manorama's lap and was crying.
Kiara sighed and said, "Do you know where you went wrong?"
Everyone looked at her.
"You shouldn't have sent him to mental asylum. You should have treated him here!" Kiara said.
"He was being dangerous to all..." Akash said.
"Mr. Raizada," Kiara said, "I mentioned it before. The things that terrorize him! I think you didn't listen well. Hanna's cries the gun, the three piece suit and THE DIM ORANGE LIGHTS! He cannot take these lights. And the cell where he is locked in now is lighted with dim orange bulb. And the more he stays in that orange lighted cell, the more dangerous it's to him!"
She stood up and said, "I don't know what the truth is. But according to him, his father killed Hanna," she turned to Arnav and said, "Now you're going to prove it to him that you didn't. Unless and until you show him who the real killer is, he won't stop his attempts to kill you."
She walked away but stopped and said to the whole family, "Of what I read from this notebook, I'm sure of one thing - Hanna is his life! He loved her immensely. And watching your pregnant wife, whom you love the most, being raped by 15 men is not a mere sight to watch. Your son is passing through a huge trauma and sending away to a jail was the biggest mistake you people did." And she walked out of RM.







She walked to the ward after replacing his notebook in his cell and looked at the attenders.
"Dr He is sleeping under sedatives" they informed her and Kiara nodding her head walked in.
He saw the weak man lying on the bed and walked to him. His words which he scribbled in his notebook were raw in her mind. She sighed and took a quilt and covered him.
She saw his sleeping face and caressed his cheek. His cheeks were tear strained and she wiped away the patches of tears. Caressing his hair, she whispered, "Sleep well" and she walked away.







"Arnav ji..." Khushi whispered seeing him sitting on the poolside with his head buried in his palms. Arnav looked up and saw Khushi. She gasped seeing his tears stricken face.
Arnav held Khushi's hand and said, "Khushi trust me...I didn't do anything...trust me please...I didn't kill Hanna..." Khushi sighed and said, "I trust you Arnav ji. You needn't justify yourself. Advay has mistaken. He must have seen someone else in his dizzy state!"
"But how could he...how could he think that I...I killed Hanna...yeah it's right I never accepted her by heart but do you think I'm a monster who would kill someone? I didn't like her at beginning but later I also accepted her as my daughter in law...how could he tell that I...did...that..." Arnav whispered.
"He is under shock Arnav ji. Even I am. Hanna was...was raped...she was killed..." Khushi said in tears.
"I need to find who it is Khushi! I won't leave that person!" Arnav said in anger.
"We should!" Khushi said and hugged him, "Please don't cry. We all trust you!"
"But he doesn't!" Arnav said in a painful whisper, "My son doesn't trust me. He wants to see my death!"
"He will be fine Arnav ji...we'll make him fine! He is our baby na? He'll come back to us..." Khushi said caressing his back soothing him down.
Arnav sighed and hugged her tight.




Precap

Kiara said, "Three days back I met someone who loves their son to death! May be even more than my grandparents love my father!"
"Who?" Advay asked.
"Your parents!" She said.
Advay kept mum and looked out of the window.

"You're really lucky to have them Advay," she said softly, "You have them to love you, cuddle you and pamper you! Everyone is not so lucky!"

No comments:

Post a Comment