Sunday 31 July 2016

SS: Broken Strings - Chapter 15





"But how come the gun came from my wardrobe?" Arnav asked frowning.
"I'm getting scared Arnav ji...someone is plotting against us!" Khushi said in her scared voice, "Advay saw you killed Hanna which is not possible. Someone impersonated you! Someone hid gun inside your clothes! Someone is against us!"
"But who? It is not Shyam! He was dead 20 years ago!" Arnav said.
"What if he isn't dead?" Khushi asked shivering.
"He was hanged to death Khushi! It was the death penalty by the court!" Arnav said, "Shyam is dead!"
"Then who?" Khushi asked.
"I don't know!" Arnav said frustrated.






"What's happening?" Kiara asked as she came out hearing some noises.
"Dr Advay is creating a hungama!" attenders said. Kiara sighed and walked to his cell. Ordering the attenders to go, she got into the cell and asked, "What's wrong?"
Advay was sitting in one corner sweating like hell. "I want to go home! I don't want to stay here...please Kiara, please take me home! This place scares me..." he cried hysterically.
"Advay, relax, calm down!"
"No...I WANT TO GO HOME! THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE ME HOME!" He cried and cried and fell at her feet.
Kiara jumped back when he did that. "Please take me home!" he said in tears and she stood numb not knowing what to do. She always knew that cells and hospitals won't do well for him. He needs his family! He should be with his family! But what can be done if he is hurting the same family at a moment and the next moment wants to stay with them?






"Come in sir!" the chemist at Brahma hospital, one of the hospitals in the outskirts of Delhi, welcomed him inside his office.
"You got a body fitting Hanna's description?" Suraj asked. The chemist nodded and said, "It was an unknown body. We got it a month back!"
"Where is it?"He asked.
"We burnt it sir! We do not keep unknown bodies for so long...it's been a month!" the chemist said, "Here are the autopsy reports!"
"What was her physical condition when she was found?" Suraj asked flipping the pages of file.
"Brutally raped and shot right at her forehead," chemist replied, "there were signs of protest in her body and from the reports it can be concluded that she was raped by many men!"
"How?" Suraj asked.
"There were many stab marks on her body. Seems like they had tried to destroy her body after rape. Some stabs were light but some were hard. Some were by left hand and the other by right. It's a not a single person! There are many men involved!" chemist said.
"How many bullets were there in the body?"
"Just one sir. At forehead"
"And the bullet number?" Suraj asked searching the number in the file. The chemist leaned and pointed to the last sentence of the page, "here is the bullet type and number"
Suraj handed the file to Manoj who checked it and said, "Sir, the bullet type matches with the gun we have got!"
Suraj nodded and turned to chemist, "It was a rape case. Why wasn't an FIR filed?"
"We had filed sir. But the police didn't take interest!"
"Where did you file the case?" Suraj asked standing up.
"Rural SP sir!" chemist replied and Suraj walked away nodding.








She leaned on the headboard as she caressed the hairs of her husband who had fallen asleep on her lap. Her mind went back to those days when the house was filled with happiness and laughter! Her baby! He used to run around the house playing pranks on her, teaming up with his dad, teasing Angel on her new date, commenting on Anjali's saris, being his chachus' little boy...and now!
Now her son is in mental asylum and those people are tying him on chair passing those horrific electric shocks through his body. How much her son is bearing?
She let out a breath of relief thinking about Kiara. She is a great girl! Of what they heard from Dr. Malhotra she is a great doctor. She has her own way of treating patients and she is the only hope of Raizada family.
Khushi's eyes went to the man who was sleeping on her lap. Her heart bled seeing his pale and tired face. How much he is bearing? He clearly does not deserve this. What has he done that he is getting all hatred from the very person who is his life? No father in this world would love his son like Arnav ji loves Advay! Yet, no father would have ever faced the situation that her Arnav ji was facing!
Closing her eyes, she begged to Devi maiyya, "Hey devi maiyya, please set everything alright! Please bring happiness to this house!"
Akash stood by the door of their room and watched this. He turned and walked away to his room. "I'm sorry bhai, bhabhi!" he said to himself, "I know I'm hurting you. I love Advay. I want him to be alright! But he is hurting everyone here! He needs treatment and for that he should be away from his family!"





"He needs to be with his family doctor!" Kiara argued with Dr. Malhotra, "He won't be cured unless he is among his loved ones!"
"Stop it Kiara! I won't agree for this!" Dr. Malhotra said sternly.
"Doctor, if you have trusted me in his case, then trust me for this time too. If this didn't work, we'll bring him back here and think of some other way to treat him. But just once, let's test this!" Kiara said.
"What if he tries to hurt others?" Dr. Malhotra asked.
"I'll take the responsibility sir!" Kiara said.







"There was a rape victim's body reported at a hospital and why didn't you get into action?" Suraj asked angrily to rural SP who shivered in fear seeing the commissioner and assistant commissioner before him.
"Sir...wo we enquired but..." SP stammered when Suraj demanded, "Show me the report!"
He stood mum and Suraj shouted, "SHOW ME YOUR DAMN INVESTIGATION REPORT!"
Commissioner sighed and said, "What's your name?"
"Rana Singh" SP said.
"Mr. Singh, you're dismissed!" commissioner said standing up.
"Sir, please sir...I have a family..."
"THEN TELL ME WHY YOU DIDN'T INVESTIGATE ON THAT GIRL'S MURDER?" Commissioner roared.
"Sir we had started our investigation when someone asked us to stop it. She asked to tear up the FIR report!" SP said.
"She?" Suraj asked.
SP nodded and said, "I don't know who it is. A lady came here and gave me a bag of money. She asked me to close the file or else she would kill my children!"
"Who is that lady?" commissioner asked.
"I don't know who she is sir!"
"Describe her!" Suraj said.
"Tall, lean, fair, brown hair..." SP said.
"Didn't she tell her name?" Suraj asked and SP nodded no.






Kiara walked in Raizada mansion with Advay walking with her happily. They entered the house and walked to living room to find everyone sitting there.
Everyone stood up seeing them and Kiara began to say something when the main door opened and many police men rushed in.
Everyone looked at each other and Suraj came standing in front of Arnav.
"I'm sorry ASR. But I have to arrest you!" He said. Everyone gasped and Arnav looked at him in shock. "But Suraj..."
"ASR, you are arrested in suspicion of Hanna's murder" Suraj said handcuffing Arnav.
Kiara looked at Advay who was looking at Arnav emotionlessly. She then looked at Suraj who said,
"The gun we got from here is registered on your name. One bullet from it is missing. And we got a body matching Hanna's descriptions whose autopsy reports clearly states her raped condition and the bullet shot at forehead that killed her. And the final proof is that the bullet from the body matches the bullet missing from your gun! Do I need any other proof to prove that you did it?" Suraj asked.
"I DID NOT KILL HANNA! BELIEVE ME SURAJ!" Arnav shouted.
Khushi said, "Suraj ji, you're wrong. Arnav ji will never do this! You know him!"
"I'm sorry Mrs. Raizada. I have proofs against him and his own son's testimony that he saw his father with the gun that night!" Suraj said and turned to Advay saying, "Tell me what you saw that night!"
Advay looked at Arnav who was standing pale and then at Khushi who was crying. Khushi ran to him and cried, "Advay...my raja! Please believe me, you saw it wrong! He is your father, he would never do this...please raja..."
Advay looked at Suraj and said, "I saw him there sir! I saw him coming with a gun in his hand and shooting my Hanna!"
"I DID NOT DO THAT!" Arnav shouted.
"I was not that dizzy that I cannot recognize you, dad! It was YOU and I clearly saw that!" Advay shouted.
"Here you go! This one statement of your son is enough to arrest you ASR. But I didn't do that! I waited for proofs but I was failed. I thought you were innocent but you weren't!" Suraj said and walked away while the police men dragged Arnav away while Arnav kept on shouting that he didn't do that.
Advay watched the police dragging his father away and marched to his room slamming the door hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment