Sunday 31 July 2016

SS: Broken Strings - Chapter 14




"Di what is it?" Khushi asked as she came in her room and found Anjali sitting on the floor. She walked to her and then stood shocked seeing the gun in her hand. "Di..." she called in shock.
Anjali looked at her in shock and said, "Khushi ji...this gun in...Chotte's wardrobe..."
Khushi looked at the gun and then at Anjali. "Arnav ji has a gun?" Khushi asked in confusion and shock.
Anjali stood up and the ladies looked at it not knowing what to do.






"I'll look into it ASR. Don't worry!" Suraj said as they both walked out of the station.
"You're going home?" Arnav asked. "No, I have to meet Dr. Kiara!" Suraj said as he got onto his bike. Arnav nodded and walked to his car when he found the tyre punctured.
"Oh shit!" He muttered and dialled Akash's number which was switched off. Suraj saw this and said, "Come ASR, I'll drop you!"





"Where did you have your graduation from?" Kiara asked as she drove the car.
"Harvard!" Advay said.
"Tell me something about those days!" Kiara said smiling. "Why?" Advay frowned. "Simply! Just tell me!" She said.
He sighed and said, "It was boring! Nothing adventurous! When I was at school, I had complete freedom. I used to climb on trees inside campus, play pranks on teachers! I was such a naughty boy. But at college, almost my teachers were papa's college mates who have become teachers there! If I move a finger of mine, they would inform dad. So I had to walk like a kitten for four years!"
She laughed out aloud and he asked, "What about you? How did you become an experienced doctor at such a young age?"
She smiled and said, "Remember I left Silver hills from my 8th grade? I was promoted straight to 12th grade due to my IQ level. Silver Hills was an upper primary school so I left to Good Shepherd International School. So at the age of 13 I was studying with 12th students. I joined MBBS at the age of 14 and graduated out at 18 years. I worked under many doctors for 9 years and now, at the age of 27 joined this hospital as the senior physiatrist."
He was silent and she asked, "What happened?"
"Nothing! Just thinking how come the girl who used to try hard to grab my attention became so intelligent?" Advay said.
"Why? Don't intelligent girls try to grab attentions?" She asked frowning. 
"No. Girls who try to grab attention of boys are stupids!" he said. She chuckled and he asked, "So tell me, do you still have your childhood crush towards me?"
She laughed out loud and said, "You were right Advay. I was stupid that day! Now I'm not!"
"Is that a no?" He asked grinning.
"Of course it is!" She said laughing.






"How come a gun came with bhai?" Akash asked frowning and everyone was standing confused when the door opened and Suraj and Arnav came in.
"ASR, I would just leave!" Suraj said when Arnav said, "Come in Suraj! Have something!"
Suraj sighed and they both walked in when they stopped.
Suraj stared at the gun at Akash's hand. "Akash, what is this? Where did you get a gun from?" Arnav asked shocked.
"From your wardrobe bhai!" Akash said, "How come a gun inside your clothes?"
"Gun inside my clothes!" Arnav said shocked.
"Do you have a gun registered in your name?" Suraj asked. Arnav nodded a no. Suraj sighed and took the gun from Akash with a towel and said, "Let me take this! I'll look into it!"
"Suraj, trust me I don't know how it came in..." Arnav said when Suraj cut him and said, "I said I'll look into it ASR. But you just have got a gun from your wardrobe! Your son had said that it was you who killed his wife with a gun! If I find anything suspicious about you, then our friendship won't come in between justice, you know that!"
"Suraj!" Arnav cried in disbelief, "I didn't kill Hanna! I thought you trust me!"
"I do. But if I find proofs against, then our friendship won't stop me from taking action!" Suraj said, "You're my friend but friendship and laws are different!"
Arnav nodded and said, "You won't find anything suspicious regarding me. Because I never did anything wrong!"
Suraj nodded and walked out.






"Manoj, find the name on which the gun is registered and the bullet type which matches it. And yeah, if it's newly registered gun find the number of registered bullets missing from it!" Suraj ordered to Manoj, his assistant as he walked into Rehabilitation Institute for Physiological Disorders (RIPD).
He cut the call and then dialled another constable of his, "Send message to every hospital of Delhi and the nearby states to check whether they got a body of Hanna's descriptions. Quick, I want the results as soon as possible!"
He walked to the reception and showed his ID. "ACP Suraj Malhotra. I want to meet Dr. Kiara Chaturvedi!"
"Sorry sir, but she is busy with a patient!" the receptionist said after making a call to Kiara. "It's urgent!" Suraj said. Receptionist nodded and dialled Kiara telling, "Mam, he says it's urgent!"
"You can go in sir. That's the way!" receptionist showed him way and Suraj walked away thanked her.



"Hello doctor" Suraj greeted her as he sat down. Kiara greeted him and Suraj said, "I'm here to get details about Advay Singh Raizada"
"Advay?" Kiara frowned.
"ASR approached me for help. But for proceeding in this case, I need to talk with him!" Suraj said, "But I know that he isn't normal. So can I have his medical details?"
Kiara nodded and gave him a file.
Suraj went through it and said, "MPD?"
"Kind of!" She answered. "What about the cure?" he asked.
"Advay is having trust issues. Once it's proved to him who killed his wife, then the cure is easy!" Kiara said.
"Did he see Arnav there with the gun?" he asked.
"That's what he said!" Kiara said, "I asked him again and again and he answered the same! He said that he will identify his father in any darkness! The godown had dim orange light and Advay clearly saw his face!"
"Did Advay describe to you about Hanna's death?" he asked.
"He didn't but his diary did!" She said.
"Can I have the diary?" He asked.
"Diary is with him but I have taken photos of those pages." She said and showed her mobile. Suraj read it and said, "He has clearly written that he saw Arnav!"
"But Mr. Raizada was at party right?" Kiara asked.
"I need to confirm that!" Suraj muttered.
"I hope you really don't think that he did this." Kiara said in disbelief.
"I'm a police man and I believe in proofs!" Suraj said and he got up. "Thank you for your help doctor!" and he walked away. As he stepped out of her cabin, he got a call from Manoj.
"Yes tell me Manoj"
"Sir, we found the gun's registration. It's registered on the name of Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada"
Suraj was silent for a second and then asked, "Newly registered?"
"Yes sir. It had its first set of bullets registered too. And one bullet is missing from the set!"
"Thank you Manoj" Suraj said and hanged the call.
The words rang fresh in his mind.
It's registered on the name of Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada
And one bullet is missing from the set!

No comments:

Post a Comment