Sunday 3 July 2016

Arshi FF: Payback - Chapter 26

Chapter 26


London
10.30 pm

Sitting on his big bed, he gazed at the photograph they had taken during his India visit, His lips curved to a smile seeing the photo. He noticed that he looks good even though he was very weak when the pic was taken.
Realizing that it's late, Adi kept the photo aside on his bed table along with many photographs of his parents and siblings and lied down on the bed.
It's been six years.
Glancing at the clock he counted the hours.
One and half hours!
After one and half hours, it's his sixth death anniversary!
"I have committed a lot of sins Adi and I'm paying for that. I know I don't deserve to be forgiven but once...for once, please call me papa...for once hug me with the same affection you have for Aman...just for once...consider this to be my last wish..."
Closing his eyes tightly he whispered, "I hated you all those years but those few weeks I spent with you washed my hatred away...I miss you dad...I love you like I love my papa...I want to hug you like I hug my papa...and I miss you dad..."





"LEAVE ME..."
Anjali Jha shouted at the top of her voice as she was brought forcefully into Shantivan. The men refused to leave her and shoved her in front of Arnav.
Anjali stood up and saw Arnav, Aman, NK, Payal, Khushi and La standing before her. Behind them she could see Nani and Mami along with a weak Akash.
She turned to her left and looked at her husband who was equally sweating as her.
"Long time Mrs. Jha..." Arnav smirked.
Anjali looked at them with narrowed eyes. "Why did you bring us here?" She asked angrily.
Aman laughed and said, "Come on Mrs. Jha...we came back after years and don't you want to meet us?"


All he remembers is a heated argument between Mr. And Mrs. Jha and Arnav chachu. At the end of the argument, Mr. Jha had took a gun from his socks and pointed at Arnav chachu. But Khushi mami had pushed Shyam and he had unfortunately pulled the trigger.
The bullet missed his target and hit his dear wife who was standing near Arnav mama.
And that was the end of Anjali Jha.






The clock said sharp 12 and she sat up on the bed looking at the round clock hanging at the wall but with her mind lost.
She looked at her left and saw her husband asleep. She smiled and ruffled his hairs. Even at 40s he still looks like a college boy not a father of 19 year old boy and a 7 year old girl.
Stepping on the floor, she walked to the balcony and looked at the night sky. Many images flashed onto her eyes.
She looked up and closing her eyes said, "May your soul rest in peace, my dear ex-husband!"
"You still have a softness while saying that" A voice said and she turned to see her son standing.
"Why are you here?" She asked confused.
"Just came to see you. I knew you were awake and see...I'm not wrong!" He said with his stunning smile which so resembled his biological father.
She sighed and turned back looking at the sky.
"You still love him, don't you?" He asked as he stood holding the railings of the balcony beside her.
She whispered, "Yes, I do!"
"And you love that man too who is busy snoring breaking the calmness of the atmosphere, don't you?" He asked chuckling looking at his father who was snoring softly.
"Adi," she said with her eyes widened, "He don't snore!"
"Well he is doing that!" Adi said pointing at Aman who was sleeping on the bed snoring.
Payal sighed and said, "Yes he does, often!"
"So you love him too!" He said.
She said yes and asked in whisper, "It isn't wrong to love two people right?"
Adi sighed adn said, "I think so! A mother loves all her children equally...and so does everyone in this world! We all love one or two people equally!"
"But for me, those people are my husband and my ex-husband!" She said in tears.
"Loving someone is not a sin mamma!" He said softly.
"But my love killed him!" Payal whispered.
"He killed himself!" Adi stated.
"For me!" She whispered.
"It was his decision!" He said emotionlessly.
"But it was all for me!" She whispered.
He kept mum.
"Is it wrong if I love Aman more than him?" She whispered.
Adi looked at her.
"I love Aman. I love Akash too. Both have some place in my heart! But I want to..." Payal said when Adi cut her in,
"It's been six year mom...you needn't blame yourself for his death!"
"He died because of me Adi" Payal said in tears.
"He was to die anyway. There was no escape from the disease. He was going to die and he did that a bit earlier!" He said.
"He committed suicide...for me Adi..." Payal broke into sobs.
"Also for me..." Adi whispered and walked away.






Morning, 6 am

His sleep broke as he felt something wet on his face. Murmuring something, he slowly opened his eyes to see his wife leaning over him like a fresh beautiful flower.
"Khushi..." he murmured and pulled her to him hugging her by her waist.
"Arnav ji..." she wailed struggling hard to free his hold, "It's 6 am. Nani ji has kept pooja, remember?"
"Oh yes!" He said as he sat up instantly. "Go and get ready!" She ordered as she walked to the dressing table in her white saree and started combing her hair.



He finished his bath and came out to see her having her tea. Keeping the cup on the table, she said looking at nothing, "So it's been 6 years...and he still lives!"
Sighing, keeping his towel on the chair, he said as he took his seat on the couch, "He still lives in our heart!"
"Strange isn't it? He is the one who hurted us the most and yet we're mourning over his death every year!" She said chuckling.
He smiled and said, "No matter how much he hurted us, his last days saw how much he saved us!"
"That's right! I never expected Akash Singh Raizada to be such a great warrior!" Khushi murmured and Arnav nodded.


Raizada mansion echoed with gunshot.
That was the end of Anjali Jha.
In a spur of moment, Shyam Manohar Jha shot the man standing next to him and ran away unable for everyone to catch him.
After the funeral of Mrs. Jha, everyone hoped that he will never return.
Akash, Nani and mami joined them to London and months passed.
And one day, Akash's doctor informed Arnav that he did not come for appointment.
It was then everyone realized that when Akash was getting out of home with their driver stating that he is going to hospital, he didn't actually go there but somewhere else.
Little did they know that he met Shyam Jha who blackmailed him to give him details about Arnav's business!
And little did they know that the morning when Akash get out of the house with the driver was the last they saw him.


"May his soul rest in peace" Arnav whispered as he sat with his wife and family for his brother's barsi.




1 comment:

  1. Wow great story
    I'm really going to miss reading this story of your so much
    And I'm also a huge fan of your work and you put so much heart and soul into your stories

    ReplyDelete