Friday 15 July 2016

SS: Broken Strings - Chapter 2




"Meet Dr. Kiara Chaturvedi" Dr. Malhotra introduced a young girl to Arnav, Khushi and Akash.
Kiara smiled and shook hands with them and Dr. Malhotra said, "From today Kiara will be handling Advay's case."  
Arnav and Khushi looked at the girl who looked very young to be a doctor. They both looked at each other. Kiara smiled and said, "Mr and Mrs. Raizada, I may look young but I'm an experienced physiatrist. Don't worry; your son will be fine!"
"How do you know that we're thinking about that?" Arnav asked surprised.
She chuckled and said, "As I said, I'm an experienced physiatrist!" And she walked away saying, "See you soon Raizada."
Arnav, Khushi and Akash looked at Dr. Malhotra who said smiling, "Don't worry, she is the best!"







She relaxed on the chair of her cabin. It was her breaks and she was sipping her tea. Her thoughts drifted to her younger brother - Advay.
Tears formed in her eyes thinking about her brother's state. He clearly doesn't deserve this! If he is suffering now, then it's all because of Arnav chachu and Khushi maasi. If only they had agreed that day, Advay would've been fine!
"How will he be? Is he okay? How is he staying there?" she mumbled, "And that doctor! Idiot! He won't even allow me to see him. Says only parents can visit him! Idiots!" She muttered.
She clutched the little Devi maiyya idol at her desk and mumbled, "Please Devi maiyya, take care of my little brother"







Night, 11.30 pm

Arnav walked into the bedroom after changing to a tee and track pants to see his wife already on the bed.
He sighed. He knew she was crying beneath that blanket. From the moment they came back, she had locked up herself and cried her heart out. It took Angelina an hour to make her Khushi maasi open the door.
He lied beside her and called softly, "Khushi..."
Khushi turned and suddenly hugged him with all her might. Hugging him tightly as she can, she broke down on his chest. Arnav sighed and lied hugging her.
She drained his tee with her tears and said in a chocking voice, "Let's bring him back Arnav ji...he is...he is in pain...our son...bring him back...we'll take care of him! We'll make him fine! He just need love and care..."
"Khushi..." he murmured painfully, "You know that he is really unwell...he should be there..."
"He is in pain Arnav ji...my baby is suffering! Those people, they...they tied his hands...and..." she broke into sobs.
Arnav felt tears rolling down his cheek and said in a chocking voice, "He'll be fine!"
"I want him to be here...with me...please..." she begged.
"He can't be here...he needs to be fine!" Arnav said brokenly, "He is dangerous to everyone here!"
"MY SON IS NOT MAD!" Khushi screamed and sat up on the bed. Arnav sat up and whispered, "No matter how much we shout the truth won't..."
Khushi cupped his face and said, "He is not mad...he is just restless...just..."
Arnav looked at her and said, "You know that he is! You aren't just agreeing!"
Khushi bit her lip and said, "My son is fine!"
"He is not!" Arnav whispered in his hoarse voice.
Khushi broke into sobs and kept on saying, "My baby is alright! He is just fine!"
Arnav blinked his tears and whispered, "I wish he was!"







He looked around at his dim lighted cell and clutched the notebook hard. He opened his notebook and started scribbling.
I want to go home...away from here...away from all dim lights here! These lights scare me! These bars frighten me! I just want to be away...with my mamma...papa...my family!
I'm not mad! Why don't anyone understand me! I'm fine! I'M ABSOLUTELY FINE!
I want to be with papa. Today is father's day. I want to wish him, to take him out like I do every year. I want to be with mamma...I want to be with Hanna...
Hanna, my girl...I wanna be with her. I wanna hug her and kiss her and say her how much I love her...
I love you Hanna...
I love you Papa...
I love you Mamma...
Please take me away from here...please...I wanna be with you all. Please come to me and get me from here!








Morning, 8.45 am

He sat in his cell eating the stale chapatti and dal. He looked out and saw uniformed staffs dragging a person out of his cell. The person was struggling and kicking.
He knew where they were taking him. To tie him around the chair and pass those terrific shocks into his head! He closed his eyes. He could still feel that pain! He rolled up his sleeve and looked at the injection mark they had given him. He pressed his finger there and took it back in reflex due to the pain shooting through his nerve.
It was then he heard that voice.
"Hello Advay"
He looked up and frowned seeing a beautiful young woman standing before him, outside the cell. She nodded at the staff who opened his cell and many staffs came in.
He jumped on his feet and cried, "No...PLEASE...DON'T TAKE ME TO THAT ROOM!!!! PLEASE...PLEASE DON'T..."
"Ramlal, Rahim..." the woman said, "Go..."
"But mam..." they cried and she looked at them sharply. They nodded and went out silently.
Advay stood at the corner of the cell with his heart beating fast and sweat beads in forehead.
She smiled and said, "Don't worry. I'm not going to take you to give shocks!"
He let out a breath of relief and then asked, "Who are you?"
"Dr. Kiara Chaturvedi" She said extending her hand.
He frowned at her hand and asked, "Why are you here?"
She withdrew her hand and said, "To be your friend, obviously!"
"You think I'm a fool? Physiatrists introduce themselves as friends and then start their treatment!" He said.
She smiled and said, "You're sharp Mr. Advay Singh Raizada. But since I have travelled a lot to Delhi for you, I should have the privilege to be your friend right?"
"Who asked you to travel a lot for me?" He asked frowning.
She laughed and said, "I was at Ratnanagari when Dr. Malhotra's call came. Oh, you don't know Ratnanagari right? It's a small village in Madhya Pradesh!"
But he heard none after the word Ratnanagari.
Ratnanagari!
His girl, Hanna...
Hanna...Ratnanagari...her birthplace...the place about which she sings praises...
His girl!
Hanna!
Hanna!
Hanna!
A loud scream echoed in his ears. Many images flashed and he clutched his hair.
"Advay, you okay?" Kiara asked.
He looked at her in pure anger and hatred.
She stood shocked seeing his change of behaviour.
"GO AWAY!!!!!!!" He shouted at the top of his voice.
"Advay relax!" She said calmly.
"GO AWAY! JUST GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!" He shouted and threw a glass that was there in the cell.
She jumped out of her skin and somehow dodged the glass. She widened her eyes in horror seeing his taking the mud pot inside the cell.
"GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!" He shouted and threw the pot to her.
She moved away and the pot hit the wall breaking into pieces. The staffs came running and they all caught hold of him.
"Take him to the ward!" She ordered.
"NO...LEAVE ME...I WON'T COME THERE...LEAVE ME...PLEASE DON'T...DON'T DO THIS!!!!!!!!!" He shouted as they dragged him to the ward.


No comments:

Post a Comment