Saturday 30 July 2016

SS: Broken Strings - Chapter 10




He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the surroundings.
"Good morning" a voice chirped and he looked to that direction. He found Kiara standing in a purple kurti.
"How are you feeling?" she asked and she came closer. He sat up and said, "I want to go home"
Kiara looked at him and asked, "Why?"
"I want to meet dad. Please, please let me go home! Today's is dad's birthday. Please, please let me meet him!" he begged.
"Advay, we'll do one thing. We'll call him here!" Kiara said. "Please doctor, please...please let me go..." Advay begged.
Kiara sighed and said, "Okay, you go and freshen up! I'll take you." Advay jumped on his feet and said happily, "Thank you doctor!" and he ran away to freshen up.







"Are you out of your mind Kiara?" Dr Malhotra asked angrily, "We cannot take patients out of the hospital premises. You know the rules!"
Kiara nodded and said, "Sir, he really needs an atmosphere change. Please let me take him to Raizada house." Dr. Malhotra disagreed and said, "He tried to kill his father Kiara and now he wants to go to his birthday! WOW!"
"I told you doctor. It's personality disorder. He is traumatized and has lost his mental stability!" Kiara said, "A moment he is Advay, his dad's prince and the next moment..."
"Hanna's husband..." Dr. Malhotra completed with a sigh, "You have said this a numerous time Kiara!"
Kiara sighed and said, "Let me take him dr."
"What if he hurts his family members?" Dr. Malhotra asked. "I'm there with him dr. I'll take care of that!" Kiara said.
"No one can convince you!" Dr. Malhotra said sighing, "Go!" Kiara smiled and walked out after thanking him.







"Arnav ji..."
Arnav rubbed his eyes and opened it slowly to find Khushi standing before him with a smile. "Wake up, it's already 8!" She said in her sweet voice.
He stretched his arm and sat up on the bed. Khushi smiled and sat next to him and ruffled his hairs. "You look so handsome with messy hairs!" and she ruffled it more.
"I'm having hair fall!" Arnav stated touching his hair.
"Hair falls? No way!" Khushi said ruffling his hair more and more. "Khushi..." Arnav whined, "After bath my towel has more hair than me! I'm getting old!"
"Haw!" Khushi gasped in shock. She sat close to him and said, "You and old? Never! You're still the same dashing young man!" Arnav chuckled and cuddled her in his arms. She giggled and kissing her cheek said, "Happy birthday!"
Arnav looked at the shocked. "Today is my birthday" he stated, "I completely forgot about it!" Khushi's smile faded and she said, "That is because every year someone used to break your sleep at sharp 12 and paint your face with cake wishing a loud HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
Arnav's smile faded and he whispered, "Advay...he used to celebrate this day every year...he used to more excited than the birthday man himself!"
Khushi hugged him tight. Hiding her face in his chest and holding his tee shirt tightly she whispered in her voice, which choked even after her try to maintain it, "Why is always us Arnav ji? Always...one after another problems comes in our life...don't we deserve to be happy?" 
Arnav bit his lips and hugged Khushi breathing her scent. "I'll make everything alright!" He whispered.
"My baby...who did that to him? How could anyone kill Hanna? She is a lovely girl..." Khushi withdrew from hug and looking at Arnav said, "She was pregnant Arnav ji...and those bas***ds...they...they ra..." she broke in sobs and Arnav grabbed her for a hug. "I'll find who did it! Whoever it is, I'll make sure that he/she rot in hell!" he whispered as an assurance to Khushi, but also to himself.







"This is not the route!" Advay said frowning as he found her taking a deviation. He had got freshen up immediately and she had gifted him a shirt and jeans. And they had gone to a shopping mall where they bought a shirt for Arnav.
"We're going to somewhere." Kiara said smiling as she drove her car.
"Where?" he asked frowning.
She kept mum and he started gazing out frowning.



"Which is this place?" Advay asked in wow as he stood before a beautiful house which was between green trees. 
He breathed the fresh air and smiled. Kiara looked at him and smiled seeing him relaxed. "This is my house" she said and he looked at her wide eyed.
"You drive all this way to hospital...every day?" he asked shocked and she nodded.
He smiled looking at the house but then frowned, "Why did you bring me here?" he asked her.
"Come!" she said and led him to the house. She rang the bell and an old woman opened the door. "Kia..." the woman called confused, "Why are you back soon?" it was then she noticed the young man with her. "Who is this?"
"Dadi this is Advay, my school friend," Kiara said, "And Advay, this is my sweet dadi." Advay smiled and bend down to take her blessings. Dadi smiled seeing his manners and blessed him whole heartily. "Come in bitwa..." she invited.
They entered the living room which was floored with wood. On the wooden rocking chair near the fireplace was an old man who was reading a book.
"Dadu..." Kiara cried as she hugged him from back. Dadaji laughed and keeping his book aside said, "Why are you back so soon?"
"I came to introduce you to my friend. This is Advay! We studied together in school." She said walking to Advay who was standing away surprised at her lie.



Kiara drank the tea and watched Advay talking freely with dadaji. She smiled and then walked to kitchen where her dadi was taking some snacks in a plate.
She walked back to the living room with the snacks plate and found Advay and dadaji still talking. She handed them snacks and then said, "Dadu, did you have your medicines?"
Her dadaji looked away and she said angrily, "What's wrong with you dadu? How many times have I asked you to take your medicines at time? Go and have it!"
"Ji doctor..." dadu said and walked away while Advay giggled.
"He never takes his medicines!" Kiara said to Advay as she sat opposite to him. Advay smiled and looked around the house, "Nice home!" he said. "Thank you" she said smiling.
"Where are your parents? Gone for job?" He asked.
"My parents are no more" she said.
He looked at her shocked and said, "Oh...err...I'm sorry..."
"It's okay! They passed away when I was three...in a car accident! I don't have many memories on them." she said.
Advay nodded and drank his tea. Keeping the empty cup on the table he asked, "Why did you bring me here?"
"I just wanted you to meet my dadu and dadi!" she said.
"Why?" he asked.
"What do you think of my grandparents?" she asked suddenly.
"The best grandparents a person can have!" he said honestly. She nodded and said, "Not only grandparents, they are the best parents a person can have!"
He nodded and smiled.
"My grandparents are very happy in their life. They have learnt many lessons through their experiences and are my mentors. They had faced many problems and bore much pain but do you know what pained them the most?" she asked. He nodded no and she said softly, "The pain of losing their son."
He looked at her and she said, "As I said, I do not have many memories of my parents. All I have are my dadu and dadi's words about them. When it comes to their son, no disease or difficulty can stop them from speaking. He was their life..."
She was speaking when her dadaji came. "What's happening here?" he asked. "Nothing dadu, telling about papa and mamma"
"Ah," dadaji said sitting on the rocking chair, "He was such a lovely boy. You know, he was so naught in his childhood? A total prankster! He..."
Advay watched Kiara's dadaji going on and on about his son. Kiara sat on the opposite chair watching his reactions carefully. Advay watched the old man going into tears saying, "He is gone! Even after years his smiling face still breaks my face! My son!"
"Dadu!" Kiara stood up and said, "It's time for us to go!"
Dadaji stood up and said wiping his tears, "Oh I'm sorry! I must have bored you with my stories. See you Advay. Do come here often!" Dadi also came out and bid bye to him.






"They love their son so much!" Advay stated as they were driving to RM. Kiara nodded and said, "I haven't met someone who loves their son so much!" After a pause she said, "Till three days back"
Advay looked at her. She looked at him and then concentrated on the road. She said, "Three days back I met someone who loves their son to death! May be even more than my grandparents love my father!"
"Who?" Advay asked.
"Your parents!" She said.
Advay kept mum and looked out of the window.
"You're really lucky to have them Advay," she said softly, "You have them to love you, cuddle you and pamper you! Everyone is not so lucky!"
Advay looked at her but she was looking at the road.
A long silence prevailed in the car.
After many minutes, Advay spoke up, "Why did you lie to dadu and dadi that I'm your childhood friend?"
She laughed and said, "I didn't lie. You are my school friend!" He looked at her surprised and she said chuckling, "Well for you I might be your childhood enemy right?"
He looked at confused and said, "I didn't get you."
She stopped the car on the roadside and said, "You must have forgotten but I remember you! We both studied together at Silver Hills Public School."
Advay frowned.
Kiara sighed and said, "You were in fifth grade and it was our Annual day. You had performed a single dance and was sitting with your family after that. At that time a little girl came running to you giving you a rose and said I love you Advay. Remember?"
Advay opened his mouth in O. "It was you!" he said in disbelief, "Kiara...! Oh my god!" he started laughing, "Oh god! Why couldn't I guess that! Kiara Chaturvedi...you had said your name that day..."
Kiara chuckled seeing him laughing and said, "Your name strike! Advay Singh Raizada! And I remember your parents too!"
"But that was years before Kiara! We're in 5th std. How do you remember all these?" He asked in disbelief.
"I have a good memory mister. We doctors do have excellent memory!" Kiara said smiling. Advay chuckled and sat back relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment