Tuesday 27 September 2016

SS: Broken Strings - Chapter 21




Hanna Samohar Bundela and Kiara Chaturvedi were the best friends of Ratnanagari. The whole village admired their friendship. When Kiara was six, her grandparents admitted her in the boarding school of Delhi as they felt she was highly intelligent and needed good education, which was indeed true. But in that process, Hanna and Kiara were separated. When Hanna turned 13, her family shifted to Delhi but by the time, Kiara had joined some college and the friends never met.
It was just 3 months back that Hanna and Kiara met from a mall. The childhood friendship was back! Hanna informed Kiara everything about Advay and Kiara was eager to meet her bestie's husband. And the best occasion came - Advay's birthday.
Kiara was at mall for buying a gift for Advay when she spotted Hanna and a man in the same shop she was. "So that's Advay!" She thought in mind and walked to them when she found them walking out of the shop. "Hanna!" She called out and ran behind them.
Hanna and Advay reached the car parking and Kiara ran behind them but suddenly stopped seeing some people dressed in black kidnapping them. The car drove away and she hurriedly took out her cell to call police but there was no network.
Without thinking much, she got into her car and drove behind the kidnappers.

"Then?" Suraj asked.
"I hid behind a wall and saw everything. They beat Advay to pulp and then got hold of Hanna!" She said in tears.
"And they raped her" Suraj completed.
"NO!" Kiara said, "They didn't rape her. They pulled her to a side and held her hair tightly. They placed a hot iron rod on her leg that she cried out hard!"
"But Advay saw her..." Suraj began when Kiara said,
"They raped and killed Anita, Hanna's colleague, and the only one who knew the kidnapper's plans and motives!" Kiara said.
"Look I'm not getting anything" Suraj said and Kiara said sighing,
"I saw them hurting Anita. In his dizziness Advay assumed it to be Hanna as he could hear her screams. In real, it was not Hanna being raped in front of him, it was Anita. And then came a man and a lady. I saw them clearly but I don't know who they are. The man was dressed up in a three piece suit and he wore a mask looking like Advay's father. He walked to Anita in the ASR attire and shot her. Advay saw that and was confirmed that it was his father. It was really that man with ASR's mask!" Kiara said.
"And Hanna?"
"After killing Anita, his men made Hanna unconscious. They took her to a car and that man drove the car to somewhere. Hanna is with him!" Kiara said, "The lady ordered the men to throw Anita's body somewhere and also to destroy the face. Anita resembles Hanna in physique. So the hospital authority assumed it to be Hanna's body and gave you autopsy reports!" Kiara said.
"Why didn't you contact police?" Suraj asked.
"I was scared. I thought no one would believe me. If I say that I saw the man and lady and don't know who they are you people would arrest me. If not you, finally the proofs will come against you! So I didn't consult police. I consulted a private detective agency and described the people I saw. They made the rough sketch and then turned into a perfect photograph. That's what they emailed to me!" Kiara said, "I need to find where Hanna is."
"But this is ridiculous Kiara. If you wanted to find Hanna then you would have come to police!" Suraj said.
"I was scared!" Kiara cried, "If I tell you everything, I thought you will arrest me. If not you, this man or lady will kill me if they know! I wanted to find Hanna at any cost and for that reason I became Advay's doctor. I thought Advay could help me. I wanted to cure him first and then take his help in finding the people. I was waiting for agency people to send me photographs. I wanted to show the pics to Advay and ask if he knows them."
"So you became Advay's doctor for finding Hanna?" Suraj asked.
Kiara nodded and said, "I came to know that Advay is in mental asylum. Dr Malhotra was about to hand over his case to Dr. D'souza when to my fortune, Advay attacked him. And thus the case came to me as D'souza refused to treat him."
Suraj sighed and said, "So these people, you sure that you don't know them?" Kiara nodded.
"If I find you lying then..." Suraj said threatening when Kiara said, "I said the truth! Hanna is my dearest friend. I want to find these people who hurted my friend!"
"But how do you know about Anita if you don't know about the killers?" Suraj asked.
"I have seen Anita before and thus I identified her. I enquired about her and her friends told me that she was getting threatening calls from someone for backing out from whatever she was doing." Kiara said.
Suraj nodded and handed over her phone to Manoj telling, "Copy the pics to my laptop and delete them from her inbox. And find them!" Suraj ordered and Manoj nodded.







"Ah, Kiara, you're back!" Khushi exclaimed. Kiara smiled faintly. Angel asked, "You said you'd take three days!"
"Ha, woh I got a call from hospital. So I came!" Kiara said. "Okay" Angel nodded and Kiara sat in the living room. "How was the function?" Khushi asked and Kiara said, "Great!"
"Wait a minute, what is this?" Angel cried looking at her hand. Kiara looked at her hand and saw the engagement ring. "You're engaged?" Khushi asked.
Kiara sighed and said, "Yeah. It was a sudden function." "Who is he?" Angel asked excited. "A family friend. Our marriage was fixed long before we were born!" Kiara said faking a smile.
"What is his name?" Anjali who came there asked. "Rudra" Kiara said.
"Rudra and Kiara...nice!" Angel cried and hugged her, "Congratulations!" "Thanks" Kiara said softly. It was then her phone rang. Angel got hold of her phone and cried, "Oh, Rudra saab ka phone hai!!" She said showing the phone to Khushi and Anjali.
"Angel..." Kiara cried as she forwarded her hand for phone. "Oh, so eager to talk to him?" Angel teased. "Angel..." Anjali warned, "Give the phone to her!" Angel pouted and gave the phone to Kiara. Kiara faked a smile at everyone and stood up walking to her room.




"This is not gonna happen again, got it Kiara?" Rudra said sternly over the phone, "Your behaviour had irked everyone here, including your family. How could you leave the function and go?"
"Rudra, didn't you see Suraj? He was so worried about his sister. His sister is not well. I'm a doctor Rudra. I have to take care of my patients!" Kiara said. Suraj had lied to her family that his sister is Kiara's patient and was in a great need of her doctor.
"What is more important, family or profession?" Rudra asked angrily.
Kiara stood silent and heard him saying angrily, "I have decided Kiara. You will quit the job after marriage!"
"I won't!" Kiara cried.
"YOU WILL!" Rudra shouted at the top of his voice and she flinched at his tone. "THIS BEHAVIOUR OF YOURS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED KIARA!" He shouted, "Your dadu and dadi have spoilt you by pampering!"
"THEN WHY DO YOU WANNA MARRY ME? JUST BREAK THIS DAMN ENGAGEMENT!" She screamed and cut the call. She threw the phone on the bed and cried hard with her face buried in a pillow.
She cried and cried until she felt someone caressing her hair. She looked up from her pillow and saw Advay sitting beside her. She sat up and he said softly, "If you are unhappy with this marriage then break it"
She looked at him and he said nodding, "I heard you talking with him"
Kiara looked down and felt him wiping her tears. She looked at him as he wiped her tears and heard him saying, "Don't cry. Tears doesn't look good on you"
She bit her lips to prevent more tears but went in vain. She broke into sobs and said in between her cries, "I want to...work...I want to be...in Delhi..."
She felt him holding her shoulder and she leaned on his chest. "I want to be a great doctor...I have my dreams..." She sobbed. He circled his arms around her back and pulled her to him. She hugged him tight and cried her heart out.






Later that night, she got his text.
I'm sorry dear. But I was angry. I love you Kiara and I want you to be with me. Don't fight with me. You are my girl. You were born to be my wife. You should be with me forever.
She sniffed her tears and deleted the text. If only life was so easy! If only she had an understanding and non-prejudiced family like Advay has...

No comments:

Post a Comment