Tuesday 27 September 2016

SS: Broken Strings - Chapter 20




"What are you saying Rudra?" Kiara asked shocked.
"Why are you so surprised?" Rudra asked, "I just said that you'll have to quit your job after marriage!"
"Why should I?" she asked angrily.
"See Kiara, I stay here at Ratnanagari. You know that. I have to look after my family farm and fields. So you have to stay with me here!" Rudra said.
"But what about my career, my dream?" Kiara asked.
"What is the need to work when you have a rich husband like me?" Rudra asked irritated with her behaviour.
"I don't want a rich husband! I want someone who understands me!" She said in tears.
"Kiara..." Rudra said wiping her tears, "What's the need for crying? I love you. You are my girl! I'll take care of you, love you and will give you a beautiful life!"
She shoved off his hands and said in tears, "I want to work!"
"But you should stay at Ratnanagari. After marriage, a girl should stay at her in-laws." Rudra said sternly.
"I have my dreams Rudra" Kiara cried and Rudra said, "Soon we'll be husband and wife! We're going to live a life together. You should dream of a happy life Kiara, not of a booming career. I should be your dreams, not your job!"
Kiara stood in tears as he walked away. "Why doesn't anyone understand me? Why should I sacrifice my life for this so called tradition of two families?" she cried out hard.



"Poor girl!" Manoj sighed.
"But why should she lie that she doesn't know Hanna?" Suraj frowned. Manoj sighed. Here the poor girl is crying out her heart and his boss is thinking about the murder case. They both were hiding behind the grass while Kiara and Rudra were talking with each other from the lake side.
"Manoj, we should confront her. That's the only solution!" Suraj declared and stood up only to find her walking away. "Let's follow her!"







Kiara was walking to home when her mobile rang. Seeing the number, she hurriedly took the call. "Got something?" She paused listening to other side. "Yeah, okay, email it to me. No, no...I have given you enough time. Not anymore! I need to know about them and no one should suspect me. No one should know my connection with Hanna! Got it?" She hung the call. The email notification beeped and she hurriedly opened the mail.
She downloaded the two pics which was in her inbox and opened it. She looked confused at the pics when she heard someone calling out her name. She turned and to her horror saw Suraj and Manoj standing before her.






"Come on Advay!!!! Go defeat him!!!!" Angel cheered and so did Aashiq, Peter, Rolf and Rahul as they watched Advay and Arnav playing basket ball. "Come on mere raja...hara do apne baap ko..." Khushi shouted and Anjali clapped happily seeing the match.
"Bhai, don't lose! Come on you can do it!" Akash shouted supporting his brother and Nani, mami and Payal sat silently happily watching the game.
"God dad! Can't you lose just once?" Advay cried seeing Arnav making another hit to the basket. "Play hard my boy, you'll soon overthrow me!" Arnav said and threw the ball to him.
"Yeah, as if it's gonna happen ever!" Advay rolled his eyes. Arnav laughed and ruffled his hair. "Soon...!" He said and walked away.
"Did that have an inner meaning?" Advay asked aloud to his father's retreating back. "May be" Arnav shouted and walked away while Advay stood frowning banging the basket ball between his palm and ground.
"Oye mere raja...here's your juice!" Khushi called out and Advay ran to her leaving the ball while Nani stood watching the scene before her silently praying, "May my family always stay in peace!"








"Care to explain why you have brought me here?" Kiara asked angrily as she sat before Suraj and Manoj inside the interrogation room of Delhi police station.
Suraj smirked and Kiara said angrily, "You forced me to lie to my family that you are a patient of mine's relative and the patient is hysterical! You made me pack my bags and come to Delhi with you. This is heights of indecency!"
"Relax doctor" Suraj said, "We just want to know your involvement with Hanna's murder!"
Kiara looked at him shocked and then asked, "What the hell are you saying?"
"You are a physiatrist and know how to hide your facial expressions!" Suraj complimented, "But I need to know everything!"
"I don't know anything! What are you saying?" Kiara shouted.
Suraj got hold of her phone and checked the email. "You were telling someone to email you something." He said and opened the inbox to see two pics. He opened it and saw one man and a lady. "Who are they?"
"I don't know" she said.
Manoj looked at her unbelievingly. "Seriously? You asked someone to email these pics when you don't know who they are?" Manoj asked and Suraj said, "Manoj, look!"
Manoj looked at the pic and Suraj said, "The lady has brown hair!"
"Sir, she is the one!" Manoj cried.
"WHO ARE THEY?" Suraj shouted.
"I DON'T KNOW!" Kiara shouted.
Suraj sighed and slapped her hard. Kiara screamed in pain as the lady police grabbed her hair. "You have 5 seconds Dr. Chaturvedi. If you didn't start your story, then god swear I'll ask this best lady police of ours to handle you!" Suraj cried.
"I don't...know who they...are..." Kiara cried in pain.
The lady tightened the hold and Kiara screamed, "I DON'T KNOW!" She screamed as the hold was getting tighter.
"THEN WHY DO HAVE THEIR PICS IN YOUR INBOX?" Suraj shouted.
"Because I want to know about them!" She cried as she felt every hair of her being pulled into the lady's palm, "Please...ahhh..." she cried due to pain.
"WHY DO YOU WANNA KNOW ABOUT THEM?" Suraj shouted.
"BECAUSE THEY KILLED HER!" Kiara shouted.







"He is getting better!" Khushi whispered looking at garden downstairs where Advay who was pulling Angel's leg on her new date. Arnav who was standing beside her in the terrace watched the scene hummed.
"Kiara was right. He needs to be with his family!" Khushi said and Arnav said, "He just had trust issues. Now he is realizing that it wasn't me and he is getting better."
"But as soon as Hanna's killer comes into light, he'll be broken again! He will be reminded of everything!" Khushi said worriedly. Arnav sighed and said, "He have to overcome it Khushi. Whatever happened, we cannot change it!"
"I wish my raja live in peace and happiness!" Khushi said, "He does not deserve this pain!"
"We also don't deserve this pain!" Arnav whispered.
Khushi sighed and nodded.







"THEN TELL US WHO THEY ARE!" Suraj shouted.
Kiara gasped as the lady left her hair. She said gasping, "I don't...know who they are...I want to find them..."
"How do you know that they killed Hanna?" Suraj asked.
Kiara looked at him and said, "Hanna is not dead!"
 "WHAT?" Suraj and Manoj shouted.
Kiara nodded and said, "Hanna was never dead!"
"How do you know all this?" Manoj asked.
"BECAUSE I WITNESSED EVERYTHING!" Kiara shouted.

No comments:

Post a Comment