Wednesday 29 June 2016

SS: Shattered Souls - Prologue



Prologue


Shantivan, 8.00 am

"Aashi...switch off that TV and come and have your breakfast!" Khushi called out from the dining table.
"Uffo mamma...please let me watch this...its Ruhaan's concert!" 6 year old Ashwika yelled from the living room.
"Let it be Khushi ji...the girl won't listen!" Anjali said softly seeing her sister-in-law all set to blast.
"Aise kaise? This girl..." Khushi muttered and Akash said, "Khushi ji, it's Ruhaan's concert and you know that Aashi is a die-heart fan of Ruhaan!"
"Ha...if Ruhaan comes up on TV she would forget the whole world around her. Just Ruhaan and Ruhaan and Ruhaan..." Payal said and everyone chuckled looking at the little girl sitting in front of the TV watching her idol.




Los Angeles, 8.30 pm

"RUHAAN!"
"RUHAAN!"
"RUHAAN!"
The security guards stood on his both sides as a wall and he majestically walked through with his ears catching up the crowd calling him.

"WE LOVE YOU RUHAAN!
He could hear the gang of college girls screaming and others waving his hands to him. 

Smirking, he lifted his hand which had a beautiful R tattooed on it and waved it towards the huge crowd.

Climbing up the stairs, he forwarded his hand to his PA who handed him the guitar.
Walking to the stage with the black-brown guitar which had R printed on it, Ruhaan stood facing the majestic crowd clapping and whistling for him.

Signing the musicians to start, he began.
And the crowd cheered and cheered and cheered...
The magical voice of the 16 year old teen sensation floated through the open air theatre and everyone cheered and danced according to his tunes, forgetting everything and everyone around them.
And the same was in the case of the little girl at India watching her idol performing.




Shantivan

"Aashi...this is the last time I'm telling you...eat this food!" Khushi said in a dangerous tone.
"Hmm" Aashi hummed with her eyes and mind fixed on the TV screen.
Nani chuckled and said, "Khushi bitiya, she won't eat until Ruhaan stops singing!"
As if he heard her words, Ruhaan finished his song.
Aashi turned at her badi dadi and said with her cute anger, "Badi dadi why did you say so? Look Ruhaan stopped singing!"
"He stopped because his song is over!" Khushi said and stuffed her daughter's mouth with a paratha. Aashi narrowed her eyebrows and chewed the paratha and then suddenly shifted her eyes to TV. Gulping down the paratha, she squealed, "Mamma, look...Ruhaan is giving a press conference."
"Let him...you finish the breakfast and then tie your hair. You're getting late for school!" Khushi said feeding her daughter.
"Please mamma, let me watch his press conference!" Aashi pleaded and looked at the TV screen eagerly.




Los Angeles

Ruhaan, you're just 16 and is the greatest singer the world has seen! Do you owe your success to someone?
Smiling at the reporter's question, Ruhaan answered, "Of course. If I'm a great star at this age, then it's all due to one person. My dad! I owe all my success to him! If he hadn't encouraged and supported me, I would have been a mere 16 year old boy worried about his school works. But now, I'm fulfilling my dreams! It's all because of him, my super dad!"

What about your mother Ruhaan?
"I don't have a mother. All I have is my father, and he is enough for me!" Ruhaan said with a smile.

We heard that you're an Indian? Which state do you belong and what about your family?
"Yes, I'm an Indian. I'm from Mumbai but I had shifted from India 7 years ago. I haven't visited there for long. And about family...my family is my dad. I don't have anyone other than him!"




Shantivan

Switching off the TV, Khushi said to her daughter, "Press meet is over. Now go and get ready for school!"
Aashi smiled and said, "Thank you for letting me watch Ruhaan's concert mamma!"
Khushi smiled at her cute daughter and kissed her cheek.
"Just 16 years and look at him! He is a worldwide celebrity!" Akash said, "How talented right!"
"Ha chachu..." Aashi said, "Ruhaan is the best! When I grow up, I'll be like Ruhaan!"
"That's when you grow up! First go to school and learn! Then only you'll grow!" Khushi said and Aashi ran upstairs saying, "OMG, I want to grow! I'll go to school and grow up fast!"
Everyone chuckled and then Anjali said, "Khushi ji, what about that?"
"What?" Khushi asked.
"Yesterday...we had a talk!" Anjali said and everyone grew serious.
Khushi sighed and said, "NO!"
Anjali sighed and said, "It's 7 years Khushi ji! Move on! Please say yes!"
"Khushi, you aren't even letting us look for a boy for you!" Payal said, "How long are you gonna mourn for that man?" She said that man' in utter disgust.
"I'm not mourning for him. I have moved on!" Khushi said sternly, "It's just that I don't want to remarry!"
"But why?" NK asked.
"I trusted someone and I have cried enough due to that. I'm not ready for doing the same again!" She said.
"Every man is not like him!" Anjali said.
"But every man reminds me of him!" Khushi said and walked away.





Los Angeles

Jumping out from the car, Ruhaan rushed into the mansion. Climbing up the stairs, he ran to the room and found the person he so wanted to see.
Hugging the man who was sitting on his chair surfing something on the laptop, Ruhaan cried, "Hello DAD!"
Ruffling the boy's hairs, his dad said, "I saw the press meet. You were good!"
Ruhaan said, "Beta kiska hai?"
He laughed and Ruhaan said, "Arnav Singhania ka beta hoon main...baap ka kuch to qualities to hoga mujhpe..." (I'm Arnav Singhania's son. I have some of your qualities...)
Smiling faintly, Arnav said, "I want you to have my qualities...not my fate!" and he hugged his son tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment