Wednesday 29 June 2016

SS: Shattered Souls - Chapter 1

Chapter 1


Shantivan, 10.00 pm


Caressing her daughter's hairs and covering her with a blanket, Khushi kissed her cheek and moved to her room.
Switching off the lights, she sat on her bed and closed her eyes. She opened it and looked around HER room.
Beautiful paintings and photos of her daughter and herself adorned the walls, a white sofa on the right of the room and a wooden cupboard in the left. Bed at the centre and a glass door connecting to the open terrace.
She herself had redesigned the room. Throwing away the green recliner and replacing it with white couch, converting the poolside to open terrace, removing the grey and white paint to pale blue, she made sure that this room doesn't remind her of him anymore.
But was she successful? NO
She may erase his traces from the room, but not from her mind.
Burying her face in the pillow, Khushi murmured, "Why am I unable to hate you? Why Arnav ji...why..."




Los Angeles, 10.30 am

"Khushi..."
He murmured.
 She is crying! He knew that! Miles and miles away from him, she is crying and he could feel that. He could hear her calling him. He...
"Dad...you okay?" Ruhaan shook his father's arm.
Arnav jerked and said, "Yeah...I'm fine!"
Ruhaan nodded and said, "So dad, I have no more shows here right?"
Nodding his head, Arnav said, "Yep, we can go back to Sydney tomorrow!" Ruhaan nodded and was about to say something when Aman Mathur, Arnav's PA (Yep, the same punching bag of ASR) came in.
"Sir" Aman called and Ruhaan and Arnav looked up.
"Woh, I got a call from an Indian fashion house. They requested for a photo shoot of Ruhaan!" He said.
 "Why?" Arnav asked 
and Aman replied,
"They want Ruhaan to advertise their company and products. Ruhaan has a great market now and I think they want to popularize their brand with his face!" Aman said.
"Which company is it?" Arnav asked.
"AK Fashions - number 1 fashion house of India" Aman said.
"I have heard about them. It's No.5 in the world!" Ruhaan said.
 Aman nodded and said, "ASR, I..." He trailed off when he saw Arnav looking dangerously at him.
Clearing his throat, Aman said, "Sir, what should I tell them?"
Arnav looked at Ruhaan and asked, "Do you want to do it?"
Ruhaan nodded and said, "It's been a long time we went to India!" Arnav sighed and turning to Aman, asked, "Where is it? Mumbai?"
Aman looked down and said in a low voice, "Sir, it's in Delhi."
Ruhaan gulped and looked at his father.
Aman looked up at his sir.
Arnav sat numb for a while and then roared, "WHAT THE HELL AMAN! YOU KNOW THAT I HATE TO GO TO DELHI!"
Ruhaan said, "Papa, calm down!"
Aman sighed and said, "Sir, I know that! But what should I do? I got a call from AK Fashions and I informed you. Rest is upon you!"
"Reject the proposal!" Arnav said sternly.
Ruhaan said, "Papa, you always says, Don't mix up personal and professional lives' and you're doing that!"
"Ruhaan bas!" Arnav shouted, "We're not going to India!"
Ruhaan sighed and said, "How long dad? How long are you gonna live like this?"
"Ruhaan, I said..." Arnav began when Ruhaan stood up, "Aman uncle, book tickets for Delhi!" And he walked away saying, "This time, let me decide dad!"




The next morning, Shantivan, 8.15 am


"Well Aashi...I have a good news for you!" Akash said as everyone gathered at breakfast table.

Everyone looked up and Aashi asked, "What is it?"
Akash smiled and said, "Our company is gonna have a photo shoot with Ruhaan!"
"WHAT!" Aashi stood up from the chair.
"They accepted the proposal?" Khushi asked and Akash said nodding, "I got a mail from Ruhaan's asst. Manager!"
"So I can meet Ruhaan!" Aashi asked with glistening eyes.
Laughing, Akash said, "Your Ruhaan will be coming to our company and yes, you can meet him!"
"WOW...AKI CHACHU I LOVE YOUUU!!!!!!!!!!" Aashi squealed and everyone laughed.
"When is Ruhaan coming?" Khushi asked.
"They'll reach today evening!" Akash said.
"So soon?" Khushi asked surprised.
Akash nodded and said, "Wo actually, he has finished his work at Los Angeles and was about to go to Sydney when my PA called his manager. So they decided to come here directly."
 "And what about accommodation?" Khushi asked.
"His PA called and asked us to book hotels. My PA will do it!" Akash said.
"WWOOOWWW...RUHAAANNN IS GONNA COME HERE! I WANNA GET HIS AUTOGRAPH!!! WOOWWW" Aashi squealed.





Hotel Millennium, 6.30 pm

Inhaling deeply, Ruhaan squealed holding the railing of the balcony, "Dilli ki khushboo..." turning back he saw his dad sitting on the sofa muttering something.
 "Dilli ki khushboo ki saath-saath jalne ka bhi khushboo..." (There is something burning along with Delhi's scent) Ruhaan sang and Arnav glared at him.
Ruhaan laughed and walked to him. Sitting near him, he said, "Dad, we're here for work. After that we'll go back to Sydney but please, before going back, I wanna tour whole India. I have heard that India is really beautiful! Incredible India!"
"Ruhaan!" Arnav said angrily, "Don't irritate me! Go!"
Sighing hard, Ruhaan said, "I know that you're thinking about your past. You're scared of confronting your wife and family isn't it?"

Arnav looked away and Ruhaan said, "Dad, how long are you gonna do this? I think you should meet them for once!"
"How old are you?" Arnav asked.
"16" Ruhaan said frowning.
"Mr. Teen sensation, stay as a teen. Don't try to be an adult!" Arnav said.
Ruhaan stood up and said, "Just 2 years and I'm an adult! I have the freedom to say my opinion and I and suggesting you to meet your family!"
"Thank you for your suggestion rockstar!" Arnav said and stood up walking away.
Ruhaan looked at his retreating back and whispered to himself, 

"I wish you have said me your wife's and family members' names while narrating your past. If only I knew their names or have their photos, I would have definitely united you with them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment