Sunday 29 May 2016

Arshi TS: A Change - Last Shot

Last Shot: Realization

Greeting Hari Prakash who opened the door for her, she walked inside. Nanhe ji had promised her to pick to her up but he had a sudden emergency as his friend is in hospital and she had come home in an auto.
She walked in and saw the whole family waiting for her.
Removing some strands of hair that were on her face, Khushi walked past them ignoring every soul of living room.
"Khushi ji..." She heard Anjali calling her.
Khushi turned back. Crossing her arms under her chest, she said emotionless, "Yeah"
Anjali limped to her and held her shoulder, "We're sorry Khushi ji. NK bhai ne sab bata diya. We all have hurt you! Please forgive us!"
Khushi looked away and Nani said, "Hume maaf kijiye Khushi bitiya, we all did wrong with you."
"Hello hi bye bye, phat...sorry Khushi bitiya," Mami said, "I have made kheer for you. Have it, have it!" She said in her mamiji' style.
"Khushi ji, we're sorry!" Akash said, "We all never thought how you would be feeling. We..."
Payal cut him and said, "Khushi, Aarav is not Arnav ji's son. You're misunderstanding. To be honest, we all are reason for that misunderstanding and we are really sorry for that!"
"Sheetal is a cheat Khushi ji!" Anjali said and Khushi shot looked at her.
Anjali nodded and said, "After NK bhai told us about your change, Chotte enquired about Sheetal. She had adopted Aarav from an orphanage and trained him to behave like him. Sheetal is now arrested and Aarav returned to orphanage."
Khushi nodded and said coldly, "So, it required NK to place a mirror before you. My change didn't make you realize your mistake. Nanhe ji had to explain it. That shows how much you notice me and my position in this house!"
"Khushi ji..." Anjali called out and Khushi walked upstairs ignoring others.


She entered the room and found it decorated with candles and roses.
She looked around and saw all her favourite dishes placed on the table there and her favourite song playing in the stereo.
She felt someone hugging from behind and she needn't turn behind to see his face. It's him!
She freed herself and turned to him.
"What's all this?" She asked coldly.
Arnav said with a puppy face, "I'm sorry!"
Khushi nodded and walked away when he caught and pulled her to him.
"Arnav...chodo mujhe!" Khushi said angrily.
Arnav left his hold instantly hearing his name as Arnav' from her mouth and the tone she used.
"Khushi main..."
"Just stay away from me..." She said and turned when he held her and turned her. Cupping her face, he said softly, "I know I hurt you a lot. But please forgive me. Please..."
Khushi freed his hand and walked out of the room.
"Khushi..." Arnav called out her name and ran behind her.


She walked down the stairs and reached the family members. Arnav too reached there and Khushi said to all,
"You all want me to forgive you all?"
Everyone nodded yes.
"Hari Prakash ji, bring glass plates for everyone!" Khushi ordered and everyone looked at each other and HP gave glass plates to everyone.
"Now, you all drop it down!" Khushi said.
"What?" Arnav said.
"DROP IT DOWN!" Khushi ordered and everyone dropped their glass plates down and it broke with a sound.
Everyone looked at Khushi.
Khushi said to all, "Now look at your broken glass piece."
Everyone did the same.
"Now say sorry to that!" She said.
Everyone looked at her.
"SAY SORRY TO THAT!" Khushi ordered.
"Sorry" Everyone mumbled at the broken pieces.
"Did it come back to its original shape?" She asked and everyone looked at her with tears.
Khushi walked and everyone realized that truth in horror.
 They have wounded her beyond imagination.




Dressed in a white night gown and a robe tied over it, Khushi sat before the huge mirror, combing her hair. Applying some lotion creams on her face and hands she got up from the dressing table and walked to the bed when she saw him standing at the door in tears.
Ignoring him she got on the bed and covered herself with the duvet. Turning off the lights, she closed her eyes preparing to sleep.
She felt him laying near her and she turned and lied with her back facing him.
She heard him asking in a broken tone, "Will I be ever forgiven?"
She didn't answer and clutched the bed sheet tight and bit her lips preventing the sob which was ready to come out but unfortunately she couldn't control her emotions. She sobbed audible to him and felt his arms sliding to her stomach.
She felt him lying close to her with his chest touching her back and his large arm hugging her small frame. He hid his face in her thick hair and whispered, "I'm sorry Khushi"
Wiping her tears, she removed his hand from her stomach and moved a little away from him towards the end of the bed and whispered but audible for him, "I cannot forgive you for every mistake of yours Arnav ji. I'm your wife, not your robot who would do nothing but obey you."
"Khushi main..."
She cut him and said, "I have some works regarding my company and have to wake up early tomorrow. Let me sleep!"
"Did you get loan?" He asked.
She hummed.
"I could have helped." He said a little hurt that she didn't ask his help but took a bank loan when he have crore in his account.
"You earn for your di and family, not for me!" She said.
"Khushi!" He said offended, "How can you say that?" He held her arm and turned her so that now she is laying flat and he on his elbows looking at her.
"I mean each and every word I say. Millions that you have in your account is wasted on your mami who knows nothing but buying jewellery and your di who knows nothing but spending money lavishly on superstitional poojas!"  She said sternly.
Arnav looked down and Khushi said,
"Did she even think about my words in morning about doing work? I know she did not! She just want to stay as a parasite forever. It'll be good if you explain it to your darling di that earning money of our own and buying a cup of tea with that money is something that you'll never get sitting inside this air-conditioned home!"
And with that she turned and slept.




The next day passed in a swift as Arnav tried to talk to Khushi but she avoided him and was busy in her company works.
The evening came and Khushi came back home with an equally exhausted NK. They both slumped on the sofa and HP gave them juice.
"Khushi ji..." She heard a voice and saw Anjali and Payal sitting on her opposite sides.
She sat up straight and asked, "What?"
"We have decided to work!" Anjali and Payal said.
Khushi smiled faintly and said, "Good!"
"Thank you Khushi ji. You made me realize the truth. I should move on in my life rather than being dependent on my family," Anjali said holding Khushi's shoulder.
Khushi smiled widely and said softly, "It's okay di. I'm glad that you decided to work. Where are you working?"
Anjali smiled and said, "I have my LLB degree. I used it and I got the job of junior advocate at Mathur law firm!"
Khushi hugged her and said happily, "I'm so happy for you! Congratulations di!"
They withdrew and Khushi turned to Payal and asked, "And jiji what about you?"
Payal smiled and said, "I'll have to hunt job using my BCom but if my sister is willing, I'll join her catering company as chef!"
"JIJI!!!!!!" Khushi squealed and hugged her tight.
NK smiled seeing the scene and said, "Glad that you both realized the truth!"
Anjali and Payal looked at him.
"No matter how much rich your background is, earning our own money gives a proud which cannot be replaced by anything in this world. And women, they are not just housewives, they also deserve a place in society! I'm happy that you both have decided to stand on your feet!" NK said and Payal and Anjali smiled.
"Khushi...we're really sorry!" Payal said, "We have hurt you a lot by comparing Aarav and Arnav ji. Please forgive us dear, please..."
"Ha Khushi ji...please..." Anjali said.
Khushi smiled and nodded.




Dinner was a joyous affair as Khushi forgave everyone but Arnav was worried because she still didn't talk to him.
Mamiji had cooked the dinner and the food was extremely tasty. Even Nani who always finds faults in her daughter-in-law gave her a necklace as a reward for such a tasty dinner. And mami was saying, "Hello hi bye bye, saasuma, is this my first rasoi that you're gifting me?" And Nani had said, "Ha Manorama, this is the first time you're stepping inside kitchen for cooking after your marriage!" And everyone roared into laughter.


Arnav walked inside his room after having a discussion with Akash on the new project when he stopped at the entrance.
The room was decorated with candles and flowers and in the middle of the room stood Khushi in a red saree and her hair left open.


"I'm sorry!" She whispered softly holding her ears.
"It's me who should apologize!" He said softly holding her hands which are at ears.
"I acted stupidly. I shouldn't have misunderstood you!" She said looking down at the floor. 
"Even I should've noticed your insecurity. I was busy blaming you!" Arnav said softly.
Khushi looked down and bit her lips to prevent her sobs. She felt him hugging her and whispered in her ears, "I love you Khushi! You know that, don't you?"
She hummed and hugged him tight biting her lower lip harder to prevent her sobs.
"How could you even think that Aarav is my son? Itna bhi bharosa nahi hai mujhpe?" He asked softly.
Khushi clinged on to him and said in a broken voice, "I trust you more than anyone else. Par...whole family was noticing the likeness..."
"You could've shared it with me!" He said softly.
"I'm sorry!" She said crying.
"Forgive me," Arnav said with his voice chocking, "I had promised you to keep you happy and ends up in hurting you more! I'm sorry Khushi! I should've noticed your insecurity. I should've suspect Sheetal. I should've..."
They withdrew from the hug and she wiped her tears and said, "Let's start afresh Arnav ji. Forget everything!"
Arnav smiled faintly and asked, "Am I forgiven?"
She nodded and hugged him.



Cuddling to her husband's arms, she hid her face in his chest and said to herself,
It wasn't his fault. Neither wasn't it mine! It was just a bad dream! A sudden fluctuation of my mind when I concluded that Arnav ji doesn't love me while the truth is he loves me the most.
He is also at fault. He never saw that I was feeling insecure when he shared his relationship status with Sheetal. He didn't see my insecurities when he was mingling with Sheetal and Aarav. He didn't notice anything.
I am also at fault. How could I doubt my Arnav ji? Yeah, he is ignorant and a bit short tempered but he has a golden heart. I shouldn't have doubted him.
The whole family is also at fault. They shouldn't have compared someone's child with MY Arnav ji. That was so childish of them!
Everyone is at fault!'
Khushi said to herself and snuggled more to her husband who was asleep hugging her little frame with his large arms.
Laying her head on his chest, she murmured after giving him a kiss on cheek,
"I love you Arnav ji...
And we're going to start afresh. And I promise, there wouldn't be any misunderstanding between us!"
And she slowly drifted into sleep.
For a new day!
For a new beginning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment